Cinco De Mayo commemorates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over the French forces of Napoleon III on May 1862. Contrary to popular belief, it’s NOT Mexican Independence Day!
In the United States Of America, it’s a day most just use to GET DRUNK off of margaritas! Why? Because no matter where you go, there will be a celebration and at least a 50% discount on the popular drink.
So in the event that you will join in on the festivities this year, we’ve recently tried a few margaritas that you must try! Because….
The only thing better than a margarita, is TWO margaritas!
#1 The Classic Margarita
You can NEVER go wrong with a CLASSIC! You can make one in just 5 minutes using the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 oz. tequilla, silver or reposado
- 1 oz. Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- 3/2 freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wedges and Salt for rimming of the glass
#2 Sangria Swirled Frozen Margaritas
Doesn’t this look DELISH!!!! Ingredients for this margarita include:
- 1 cup of red wine [frozen using an ice cube tray]
- 2 tbsp of triple sec [orange liqueur]
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- freshly squeezed half of an orange
- 1 lime
#3 Clementine-Jalapeno Maragrita
This drink is for LOVERS of spice! The Jalapeno(s) are a little intense! Ingredients for this drink include:
- 2 oz. tequila reposado
- 2 oz. fresh juice of clementine
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp. honey or agave
- Sea Salt
- Thinly sliced jalapeno rounds
- Lime or clementine wheel
What’s a Cinco De Mayo without a “Corona-RITA”…. This seems to be a weekly drink for so many! You can make your own in just 10 minutes!
The ingredients include:
- 1 cups of ice
- 1 cup of quality tequila
- 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 cup of simple syrup
- 1 beer, Corona
- 1/3 cup of coarse sea salt
#5 Frozen Virgin Strawberry Margarita
Don’t drink alcohol? This one’s for you!
- 1/3 cup of coarse sugar
- 1/3 cup of fresh orange liqueur
- 2 cups of fresh chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. agave or honey
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed ice
- 4 strawberries to garnish
Make is a PLAN to try at least one of these re-freshing Margaritas during Cinco De Mayo 2k17!
*Please drink responsibly*